STC V.E. Henderson Award
The Henderson Award is given in the name of Dr. Velyien E. Henderson, a former Chairman of the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Toronto. This award was inaugurated by Dr. John D. McColl, one of the six founding members of the Canadian Association for Research on Drugs (CARD). The Henderson award was originally given by Dr. McColl and his wife Pat, who was a niece of Dr. Henderson, but the Society now sponsors the Henderson Award.
The award is designed to honour an individual who has made a significant contribution to the discipline of toxicology in Canada.
Application Process and Candidate Requirements
- the candidate must be a Canadian citizen;
- the candidate must have less than 15 years experience since obtaining his/her highest degree as of July 1st of the year in which the award will be given;
- candidates will be nominated by one ordinary member, in good standing, of the Society who will supply the Secretary with the following:
- a supporting letter of recommendation; a two-page summary (résumé) which describes the significant contribution(s) of the candidate;
- a complete curriculum vitae plus a full list of publications, and
- reprints of not more than five papers best representing the candidate’s research.
Applications should be mailed to the STC mailing address by July 1st.